Steel Structure Company
If you’re looking for the most cost-effective building type, it’s important to consider your potential long-term savings along with your initial investment in any shape of structures, let’s think about steel structure.
Structural steel is one of the materials which used for any kind steel construction, it is formed with a specific shape. These steel materials are of certain standards of chemical composition and proper strength. The steel materials are also defined as hot rolled products, having cross sections like angles, channels and beam. All across the world, there is an increasing demand for steel structures.
There is a big advantage of steel over the concrete in terms of its ability to bear better tension as well as the compression which resulted in lighter construction. The steel authority of particular country takes care of the availability of structural steel for construction projects.
There are various structures which come under the edges of steel structures. These structures may be used for the industrial, residential, office and commercial purposes. The purpose of bridge is for roadways and railway lines. The structures like towers are used for different purposes such as power transmission, nodal towers for mobile network, radar, telephone relay towers, etc.
Main structural types
- Frame structures: Beams and columns
- Grids structures: latticed structure or dome
- Prestressed structures
- Truss structures: Bar or truss members
- Arch structure
- Arch bridge
- Beam bridge
- Cable-stayed bridge
- Suspension bridge
- Truss bridge: truss members
Advantages and disadvantages of steel structures:
In general, the advantages of steel structures are as follows:
- Steel has a high strength to weight ratio. Therefore the dead weight of steel structures is relatively small. This property makes steel a very attractive structural material for some multi-storey building, long-span bridges, etc.
- It can undergo the plastic deformation before failure; this provides greater reserve strength. This property is called as ductility.
- Properties of steel can be predicted with a very high degree of certainty. In fact, steel shows elastic behavior up to a relatively high and usually well-defined stress level.
- Steel structures can be built with the high-quality relationship and narrow tolerances.
- Prefabrication and mass production is usually possible in steel structures.
- The rapid construction is possible in the steel structures. This results in economic construction of steel structures.
- The good fatigue strength is also the advantage of steel structure.
- If necessary, the steel structures can be strengthened any time in future.
- The reused capability of steel construction is also the advantage.
While in general, the disadvantages of steel structures are as follows:
- Steel structures are more costly than other types of structures.
- The strength of steel is reduced considerably when heated at temperatures commonly observed in fire; therefore the treatment of fireproof is needed.
- The steel structures when exposed to air and water as in the case of bridges, there is a big possibility of corrosion and it needs regular maintenance.
Check Out Our Projects At